Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To the babies that no one knew about

Five years ago today I got my first positive pregnancy test!  Nine months later my little Goofball was born!  Today I have him and his little baby brother, but there were two babies in between that I carried in my womb, but not in my arms.  Had I delivered either of those 2 babies, I wouldn't have my little Mush today.  While I wouldn't change things for the world, I still think of them often.



To my precious little baby who was growing in my womb,
I had just begun making plans for you, but you were gone too soon.

I had barely started daydreaming - would your room be pink or blue?
I still have the yellow onsie that I picked our just for you.

We hadn't even told everyone, we still had yet to say,
Big Brother was not even aware that you were on the way.

My belly had barely begun to swell, I did not yet have that glow,
You were my precious little secret that was growing down below.

You were very, very, real, even though you were very small,
You had a little heartbeat, but you would never cry or crawl.

I knew that something was very wrong when I saw the doctor's eyes,
Suddenly the tears of joy became sad and solemn cries.

They say that it's what's best, they say it was meant to be,
People say such stupid things when it's not their family.

And even though I'll never know just why you couldn't stay,
I will always be your Mommy and I still think of you each day.

2 comments:

  1. I had the very same scenario; 2 losses between my boys. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete