Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I owe you an answer


Ten years ago today, you asked me to be your wife.  I remember that evening perfectly.  I came home and there was a red ribbon tied to the door.  I opened the door and there were flowers, candles and balloons all over the house, and the red ribbon led me on a path around the main floor, down the stairs and into my room where you were waiting for me.  You got down on one knee, held out a box with a stunning ring, and you asked me to spend eternity with you.  I was in awe, and I started to cry, and of course I responded, "Everything looks so pretty!  Wait here while I get my camera!"  I'm sorry that I never answered you.


If you asked me today, I'd have to say, "hmmm....well, maybe."  


Do I feel like marrying someone who has a hatred of tomatoes?  I'll pick them out of your salad if you pick the blue m&m's out of my candy bowl.


Do I feel like marrying someone who loves video games?  I'll let you play World of Warcraft, as long as I can get my turn at Dr. Mario!


Do I feel like marrying someone who wears slippers shaped like pint glasses?  I suppose they would go with my pigtails and frog socks.  


Maybe I didn't answer you because you already knew the answer.  If you asked me to marry you today, of course my answer would be, "Hells yeah!"


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete